Nana Gilbert-Baffoe's blog about affiliate marketing and related topics that will be of interest to affiliate marketers.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Google Adwords Tip: Check your destination URL

Today while reviewing my campaigns, I had a feeling to check my destination url for a keyword that was getting a lot of clicks. Imagine my horror when I found out the destination url was not for the item the ad was describing. When creating the ads, I made sure that all links were going to a valid url. However, I think, in between the multiple cut and pastes I over looked this ad. Fortunately, I had a very low bid price for that Ad Group and didn't lose much money.

Take a look at your campaigns and ad groups, if you are getting a lot of clicks but no sales, it could be a sign that your destination url may be wrong.

No comments: