Nana Gilbert-Baffoe's blog about affiliate marketing and related topics that will be of interest to affiliate marketers.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Firefox: Another Browser to consider.

The preview release of Firefox, has got to be one of the best web browsers I've used. Don't take this lightly, since I've been a heavy supporter and user of IE since version 3.0

It's powerful, full of great new features, and very user friendly. One of my favorite feature is the ability to open up new tabs. I'm a heavy surfer, which means that it's not unusual for me to have 10 plus browser windows open at the same time. Since I've been blogging and reading blogs more often, I also like the integrated RSS reader. This alerts you of a site's RSS feed on the corner of your window. You can then subscript to it and read feeds directly from the browser.

The #1 thing that helped make the switch from IE to Firefox easier was the fact that, during the install, Firefox can import all your favorites, options, cookies, stored passwords from IE. I don't know about you, but over the years, I've collected a nice bunch of favorites and customized my browser to suit my needs. the fact that I didn't have to start all over again was a very big deal.

So what does Firefox have to do with you as an Affiliate Marketer? Over the next few months, you are sure to notice that a lot of your visitors are using the Firefox browser. As I write this post, 1,671,594 copies of Firefox have been downloaded in just 8 days. This number is sure to grow. I recommend you get Firefox, and start testing your pages to make sure they show correctly. Unlike IE, Firefox is stricter about correct HTML code. You won't be able to get away with some of the things you've been able to do in IE. The last thing you want is to lose a sale because your website was incorrectly coded.

No comments: