Nana Gilbert-Baffoe's blog about affiliate marketing and related topics that will be of interest to affiliate marketers.

Friday, October 22, 2004

My Kanoodle BrightAds stats

It's been almost 2 weeks since I got accepted in the kanoodle Bright Ads program, and so far it hasn't turned out to be what I expected. My CTR is less than 0.5% compared to my AdSense CTR, it doesn't even com close.

I'm going to tweak things a bit, but I have a feeling the ads are not as targeted as the ones the show up with AdSense. Poorly targeted Ads lead to very low CTR values, and that's what seems to be happening here. The ads are too generic.

If Kanoodle hopes to be able to compete with AdSense for ad real estate space on publishers' sites, then they're going to have to do a LOT of work on their targeting algorithm

No comments: