Nana Gilbert-Baffoe's blog about affiliate marketing and related topics that will be of interest to affiliate marketers.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Just got accepted for Kanoodle BrightAds

Just got accepted for Kanoodle BrightAds

On Friday I applied for a BrightAds account from Kanoodle, just a few minutes ago I got my acceptance email. I've been plating around with the interface and testing it out for the past few minutes. It's very different from Google's AdSense program. There are a few things that I like and some things that need work.

In terms of ad units, they have a nice range of ad sizes to choose from. Take a look at the following list:


  • 120x600
  • 728x90
  • 754x90
  • 468x60
  • 240x90
  • 125x125
  • 600x400
  • pop-under 500x500
  • pop-under 500x500


As you see they have two popup ad units to choose from. The code for the pop-under is automatically generated. This is quite different from Google's AdSense since Google doesn't allow for the use of pop-ups and pop-unders. Of course with so many people blocking pop-ups, I don't know how well this will do. I'm testing out a few, I'll let you know how it goes.

The ad creation page is quite simple and straight forward. You simply select the ad size, customize you colors and hit next. For customization, you can edit the Border, Title, Background, Text and URL colors. There a default color scheme in place, but that's it. There's also no way to save anything you customize, so you'll have to pick your colors every time.

Since there's no equivalent to Google's AdSense Channels, it kind of hard to know exactly which pages are producing income. The reporting page shows you which ad unit was displayed, and also the category of the ads that were shown. At this point in time I'm not exactly show how ads are selected. The matching was good but not perfect. I haven't noticed any visits by any Kanoodle bots, so I'm assuming maybe it's manually selected? If you have more info on this let me know. The reporting is not in real time, but it seems to be pretty fast.

I'm happy with BrightAds at the moment. There are quite a few things that need to be fix in order to make things easier. Since I just got approved, I don't know how good the revenue is, so I can't comment on that yet. Like I said before, the 50/50 split is very generous, but 50% of 10-30 cents is not much.

I'll keep you posted on any new happenings. Also feel free to sign up for your own account, I'd like to hear your experiences

No comments: