Nana Gilbert-Baffoe's blog about affiliate marketing and related topics that will be of interest to affiliate marketers.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

SEO Tip: Yahoo Search Engine SERPS

I just noticed something interesting while looking in the log files for my Flat Screen Tvs - Plasma Tvs - LCD Displays and HDTV blog.

I've been getting a lot of traffic from yahoo. But the interesting thing is that my rankings are based on different versions of Yahoo's cache of my site. For instance I may have a top position for a keyword like "Dell LCD" based on Yahoo's cache of my blog on Monday, but at the same time I'm ranking high for "Dell Plasma" on a Wednesday cache of my site.

I had always thought that older cached versions of my site were being replaced with a newer cache, but that's not the case. I'm seeing at least three days worth of my index page in Yahoo's results pages.

This may be old news, but since I haven't heard or read this anywhere, I figured it was worth sharing. There are some very interesting possibilities for yahoo optimization based on this info. But I'll leave it to you to figure that out ;)

No comments: