Nana Gilbert-Baffoe's blog about affiliate marketing and related topics that will be of interest to affiliate marketers.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Max AdWords bid is $100

While doing some research today, I found out the maximum bid amount on Google AdWords is now $100. I don't know when this happened since I didn't see any announcements. If anyone of you know when this happened, I'd be interested in knowing.

I hear that recently Overture increased their max bid to $999.99 so this could be a direct result of that. As for me, I really don't now why anyone would be willing to pay $999.99 a click.

I also wonder if this affects AdSense publishers in anyway. Is Google still going to share the same percentage of each bid? This could mean more earnings for some publishers in the correct niche.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always have wondered how much adsense shares percentage wise. Guess I should go google it? haw

. said...

Hi,

Google doesn't share that information, but many people think it's at least 20% or something around that number.